1. How long have you been a member at Hybrid? I joined Hybrid last February, so it’s a year already!
2. How did you hear about the gym originally? My husband, Andrew, and I had started doing Crossfit in Denver before we moved to CT. We initially joined a gym here because there wasn’t a Crossfit gym near us, but we were bored after a week. So, we decided to try out the “Sunday School” class and loved it…..and never went back to the “globo” gym!
3. What is your favorite lift? Thrusters….they are a great overall body workout and they get your heart rate going.
4. What is your least favorite lift? Overhead squats….I really struggle with these and always dread when I see them on the board.
5. What has been your biggest achievement since starting at Hybrid? For me, my biggest achievement has been building the mental ability to get through a WOD I didn’t think I could.
6. How many days per week do you workout at Hybrid? Elsewhere? I am typically at Hybrid 5-6 times per week.
7. What movement are you still struggling with and what are you doing to fix it? I struggle with pull-ups and double-unders. My “new years goal” is to be able to do unassisted pull-ups and unbroken double-unders…I try to work on them whenever I have extra time.
8. What were your stats, physically, before coming to Hybrid? Weight? I am not exactly sure where I was when I started, but I have lost about 15 pounds and reduced my body fat 4% over the last few months. I have also had a big improvement in my strength and endurance.
Anything else that stands out? We have done some “repeat workouts” recently, and I have seen improvement both on the weight I am using and my WOD times….there have been some workouts that I have taken off several minutes.
9. How has your nutrition changed? Recently, the 5:30am crew did a 30-day Paleo challenge and I had great results. Not only did I lose weight and body fat, but I have noticed a big change in my energy levels and performance in my workouts. I feel so much better overall and this is definitely a lifestyle change that I will continue!
10. What motivates you daily? First, my husband, Andrew, motivates me…..we really have fun going to Hybrid together and we have become quite competitive! And, second, the 5:30AM crew motivates me every day. It is an amazing group of people who have created a friendly, competitive atmosphere to push me through the workouts. And, finally, all of the trainers support and challenge me every day (especially Timmy…bright and early everyday).
11. What advice would you give to someone who might be intimidated by Hybrid? Come in and try a class! It is a great group of people that are friendly, supportive, and push you to work hard. The trainers are amazing and will take the take the time to work one-on-one with you and scale any workout to your ability. Hybrid challenges you with every WOD and you will have fun too!